A Room With A View



I'm sipping an espresso, overlooking the Central Market in Florence. Even from the third floor I can smell the leather.
I've Always Been partial to  views  wherever I stay. It does not have to be a grand sweeping views; looking over rooftops can be just as fascinating. A view into the world and life around me. In Venice , I gazed across a courtyard into a kitchen, where grandma spent all day cooking (The aromas were amazing). Of an evening, her kitchens were filled with people enjoying her food.



Of course, in Florence how can I not be inspired by all every view?

It's the middle of the afternoon, still around 31C, and the city is just waking up from nap. Undeterred, tourists fill the markets below. They have yet to learn the lessons of surviving a trip to Florence. From the surrounding trattorias laughed the tantalizing smells of garlic. It's too hot to be hungry, but I'm suddenly craving pasta.




The other window in this kitchen overlooks a central courtyard - and, most importantly, my washing! Like a true Italian, I have strung it on a line from my window, transporting me straight to the streets of Naples .



Looking out my window, I see swifts - I think - darting every which way as they chase an early dinner. Clouds are massing on the horizon. Selfishly I want a storm to come and break the tension of the humidity. The view from my window would be amazing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Franciscan Monastery In Dubrovnik

On Discovering a Painting by Vasari

The Marble Quarries of Carrara