A Mural in Marseille

A Mural in Marseille



I came across this wonderful mural in Le Panier district of Marseille. One painting on the back of a wall, yet it shows all that Marseille has to offer - the old town, the cathedral with the golden Madonna who beckons sailors to return home safely, a magical harbour, and a bounty from the sea.

Most importantly, the figure of the fisherman dominates. Marseille began life as fishing port under the Greeks, and it has been on the back of these fishermen and sailors that the city grew and thrived.

And from the fishermen - and their wives - came bouillabaisse.

Like my photos? If you wish to buy one and so add to my coffers, please click on the gallery below which will take you my portfolio at Shutterstock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris in Summer in 10 Photos

Some Reasons I Love Coffee

Staying in a Convent When Travelling in Italy