The Lost Temples of Angkor





Nothing quite prepared me for these giant trees. I've seen so many images of them (and yes, we've all seen the movie) but to actually wander through the temples and see trees sprouting from stones is an eerie site.







These temples were once thriving with people; then they were forgotten, and consumed by the jungle.
Some, like Angkor Wat, have been restored; some partially restored, others have been left largely the way they were discovered.




Forgotten by the world, some temples became hideouts for the Khmer Rouge, while others are still being cleared of mines.

As I wandered through them in the tropical heat, I couldn't help but wonder - how many more of these temples lie hidden in the jungles of Cambodia?



Like my photos? - if you feel like contributing to my coffers, please click the link to buy my photos from my blog (still a work in progress, more photos to come) or else from the micro-stock sites 123RF or Shutterstock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris in Summer in 10 Photos

Some Reasons I Love Coffee