Drifting Down the Danube



Drifting Down the Danube



For one of the busiest waterways in Europe, the Danube offers many peaceful spots.





Drifting Down the Danube



In places, quiet houses line the banks, the perfect weekender. The air is filled with the sound of birdsong, and the lap of water.

Drifting Down the Danube


At every bend of the Danube there stands another church, another ruined castle atop a hill.

Drifting Down the Danube



Occasionally the villages sell to the size of towns, but peaceful towns, untouched by the troubles of the real world.

Drifting Down the Danube


Vineyards are everywhere. And in this now-ruined castle above Dürnstein, Richard the LionHeart was once held prisoner.





Like my photos? - if you feel like contributing to my coffers, please click the link to buy my photos from my blog (still a work in progress, more photos to come) or else from the micro-stock sites 123RF or Shutterstock. Products using my photos can be bought on my Zazzle stores.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris in Summer in 10 Photos

Some Reasons I Love Coffee