My Laughing Angel


Perhaps one beer too many (c) A. Harrison


I found this angel leaning against a pillar in Regensburg Cathedral. I'm not sure what was quite so amusing, but he seemed quite content to laugh the centuries away – he'd been sculpted around 1280 by the Master of St. Erminold.

Personally, I think he's been trying the local beer and sausages at the Wurstküche Restaurant, feeding the workers of Regensburg since the late 12th Century.


My happy angel (c) A. Harrison

If you enjoy my writing, please visit my blog Wise Beings Read Here, where (if you feel like contributing to my coffers) you can also buy my photos and most recent novel. Thank you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris in Summer in 10 Photos

Some Reasons I Love Coffee

Six Reasons To Visit Kyoto - A Photo Essay